1. The review of your book will be professional and as objective as possible, but not necessarily positive or favorable. Your payment is due at the completion of the review, which will be minimum 300 words. Generally you will receive your review within 2 or 3 weeks, but the time is not guaranteed. The reviewer will contact you if time extension is needed for any reason. No refund for unfavorable reviews.
2. Books containing 150,000 words or more are subject to additional fees and reasonable extension of time for completion of the review. The size of the book or manuscript should be disclosed in the initial info you send us so the reviewer can provide you with an accurate quote before the review process begins.
3. If in the opinion of the reviewer your work demonstrates a lack of basic editing, we may refer you to an editing service and/or ask you to re-submit the edited manuscript before proceeding with the review process.
4. Once the Review is sent to you, you are the sole owner of the Review: you may reproduce the Review in its entirety or excerpt a portion of it for marketing or promotional purposes. However, you may not add words to, or alter the integrity of the Review. In each use of the Review, the client (you) must include a prominent credit attributing the Review to “The Harrington Review” in italics. By signing this Agreement, you grant The Harrington Review the right to publish the Review in part or in its entirety on theharringtonreview.com site.
5. You represent and warrant that you are authorized to submit the Book for a Review. You, the client, irrevocably release The Harrington Review, its affiliates, employees and reviewers, and shall indemnify, defend and hold them harmless from and against any and all liabilities, damages, losses, claims, costs and fees (including attorneys’ fees) related to or arising in connection with the Review and any breach of this Terms of Service Agreement.
6. The printed books you submit for a review are considered to be the property of The Harrington Review and will not be returned.
7. This Term of Service agreement shall be construed and interpreted according to the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflicts of law provisions and shall be binding upon the parties hereto, their heirs, successors, permitted assigns and representatives. The client hereby submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Clay County, FL, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and settle any and all matters involving the parties.